Monday, January 25, 2016

Kim White Bids Good-bye to her County Family

Montgomery County Courthouse/Photo Carl Hessler Jr.
After 27 years working for the Montgomery County court system, Kim White has said good-by to her county family.

White has seen a lot of courthouse changes during that time.

White, of Downingtown, began her career in 1989 as an unassigned court clerk, at a time when such clerks were paid on a per diem basis and received no benefits. That all changed around 1993, when county officials approved benefits packages for court clerks, who assist judges in the courtrooms on a full-time basis.

In 1994, White said she was “blessed” to be asked by then Judge Bernard A. Moore to sit as his assigned court clerk. For most of those years, Moore presided in Courtroom A, the ceremonial courtroom at the courthouse.

“I clerked for Judge Moore for 13 years. Working for Judge Moore was the best. He’s such a funny man behind the scenes. He’s a very contemporary man. He’s very private. But behind the scenes he’s a very, very nice person and very funny,” White said. “I enjoyed my time working every minute for Judge Moore. I was very blessed to have worked for Judge Moore.”
Kim White / Mercury Photo by Carl Hessler Jr.

Moore also retired Jan. 1.

“We both retired the same year. Who would have thought that?” White said.

In 2008, White was promoted to court clerk supervisor. There are 31 court clerks employed by the county and one sentencing guidelines clerk who were under White’s direction.

“I’m the type of person who likes to pass my knowledge on. I like other people to learn from my accomplishments and from what I have to offer,” White said. “It was a challenging experience. I enjoyed teaching, watching them develop. It helped me to become a manager.”

White said she will miss the employees and the job. But she's looking forward to her free time.


Kim White /Mercury Photo by Carl Hessler Jr.
“I would like to spend time with my family and I want to have fun while I’m young,” said White, who laughed when she said she wouldn’t reveal her age but added after 27 years with the county she was eligible to retire.

Everyone at the courthouse wishes Kim a happy and fun-filled retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment